a division of O&K Consulting LLC...
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit and navigate our websites and communicate with us via our websites, we will not collect personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide us that information. Any non-public personal information that you may provide via our websites will be used solely for the purpose stated on the web page where it is collected. In some cases and in all cases where required by law or regulation, you will be able to update the information that you provide to us either by sending us an e-mail or in cases where you have established personal profiles with us, by updating your profile online.
MedBillsAssist will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of MedBillsAssist and its affiliated companies unless (a) expressly authorized by you or (b) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose for which it was provided.
Hyperlinks to other Websites
MedBillsAssist's websites contains hyperlinks to other websites. Please be aware that MedBillsAssist is not responsible for the privacy practices of outside sites. When leaving our site, it is strongly recommended that you review the privacy statements and disclaimers of each and every website you visit.
Notification of Changes
Privacy Protection Policy
At MedBillsAssist we respect the confidentiality of your personal information and we protect and safeguard your information in a responsible and professional manner. We are required by federal and state laws to maintain the privacy of your information.
How we collect personal information
We collect your personal information in a form of authorizations, which enables us to communicate with specific entities that provide services to you.
How we use and share information
- We use your information to discuss and resolve medical claim problems with your medical providers, such as doctors, hospitals, laboratories, etc.
- We use your information with your medical insurance company to request benefit information, claim information, appeals, and other claim related issues.
- At times, we share your information with your state insurance commissioner while appealing medical or technical adverse determinations by your insurer.
- We may share your information with others who help us conduct our business operations, provided they agree, in writing, to keep your information confidential.
We protect your personal information by
- limiting access on the need to know basis to our associates, employees and relevant parties
- your hard copy files kept in a secure location
- your electronic files protected by our secure computer system, behind a hardware firewall, while our laptops are secured by fingerprint software access and data protection technology
Disposal of your personal information
- We shred personal information that is in hard copy and no longer needed
- We securely erase electronic files from our computer system prior to disposal